Amazon Holiday

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Take Me Home Tonight


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: In this wannabe John Hughes movie, which takes place in the 80s for no apparent reason, besides that it wants to be a John Hughes movie, a recent college grad (Topher Grace), who has lost his way, goes to a party to try to hook up with his high school crush (Teresa Palmer).

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Topher Grace, Teresa Palmer, Dan Fogel, Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Michelle Trachtenberg, Lucy Punch, Michael Biehn, Angie Everhart, Nathalie Kelley, Michael Ian Black, Robert Hoffman, Candace Kroslak, Seth Gabel

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. We all wanna be John Hughes, but we’re not.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: Just as stories of parents reconnecting with their children always make me cry, dance sequences always make me laugh. And based on my experience with this movie, they don’t even have to be that good.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: Not in the slightest, but one of the crying scenes is one of the biggest laughs.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: 2nd Best 80s movie I’ve seen in the past year. Hot Tub Time Machine is better, but the fact that there are two 80s movies in one year is still really impressive.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: I love Topher Grace. I would marry him. But I never bought the premise that he was ever a nerd. Even in high school. I also love Anna Faris. And while I wouldn’t marry her, (mostly because it’s still vaguely illegal), I really wish she would put less collagen in her lips because it distracts me from her beautiful acting.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: The whole movie is trying way too hard to be That 80's Party Movie. And when people try too hard, sometimes all you see is how hard they're trying.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: It’s like Sixteen Candles, but instead of a girl pining over a guy, it’s a guy pining over a girl, and instead of taking place in high school, it takes place after college, in a world where college grads still care what the people from high school think of them.

Q: Is there anything else worth mentioning about the movie?

A: The parts are better than the whole, but ultimately, most of the parts seems like an excuse for the 80s soundtrack.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: Take Me Home Tonight Trailer

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: