Amazon Holiday

Friday, February 11, 2011

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never 3D


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: Documentary and concert film about the mind-boggling rise to fame of teen sensation, Justin Bieber... Or as my Dad calls him, Justin Bieller.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Justin Bieber, his mom, dad, childhood friends and neighbors, his team, Scooter Braun, Usher, L.A. Reid, Boyz II Men, Miley Cyrus, Jaden Smith, Sean Kingston, Ludacris, and JB's kick-ass backup dancers!

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketGo! I went to this because I was desperate to figure out why Justin Bieber is such a big deal. His songs are lame, his voice sounds like any given child who can hold a tune. Yes, he's very cute, and he has AMAZING hair, I'll give him that. Well, folks, I think I finally get it. While his voice couldn't be more boring sounding on most of the songs he's known for, in his original YouTube viral video (the Chris Brown cover), he actually demonstrates some pretty fancy vocal stylings (for a kid). But most importantly, because he came up through the internet and not the radio, each and every one of his fans deeply believes that she personally discovered him. That makes him feel accessible, like a real person, that she actually could marry-- which, of course, is the only thing any of his fans really want from him.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: There's a lot of funny stuff, from the hair flipping montage, to the montage of girls crying.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: More than once. For me the first bout came in the first ten minutes, from my usual trigger: a parent getting emotional over how impressed they are by their child. The second bout came from all the girls crying... But that might have just been because I was laughing so hard.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Award to Justin Bieber for becoming an icon singer without having a single good song.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: It turns out that Bieber's songs aren't that bad when they're sung by Boyz II Men, Usher, and even Miley Cyrus. And everyone in the film is also really good at acting like Justin Bieber has a voice worth paying attention to.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: When the stage fireworks went off in 3D, my Dad (who I coaxed into seeing this with me, mostly just to see if I could) said, "I've gotta get some of those for when I argue my case in front of the Supreme Court." Hey, the director must've done something right to make my Dad think that was a good idea.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: As my Dad pointed out, he liked it because it was all about the joy of the music and not at all about money. "Although," he added, "You can't help but think about how much money they're all making."

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never 3D Trailer

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

JoeC said...

Why does the world love bad pop? Because most people have bad taste.

There, I just saved you $5 (actually, I'm dating myself a bit there... I actually saved you $14.50).