Amazon Holiday

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cold Weather


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: When a guy's (Cris Lankenau) ex-girlfriend (Robyn Rikoon) disappears, at first he doesn't care, but then he realizes that this is his opportunity to practice being a Sherlock Holmes-style detective.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Cris Lankenau, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Raul Castillo, Robyn Rikoon

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. The pace is very slow, and the amount of time the characters spend not talking often seems artificial, but the movie is cute at other times, and it's definitely an approach to a detective story that I'd never seen before.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: I laughed on the inside at how hard it was for me to figure out if the brother and sister were dating, or if they were really brother and sister. You could cut the unintentional sexual tension between them with a knife.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: When they named this film Cold Weather, I think they were just referring to the protagonists primary character trait.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: It takes place in Portland, Oregon, so-- Most Rain?

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Populated entirely with unknown actors, it's surprising that three of the four main characters had me wondering how else I would cast them in Hollywood fare and what kinds of roles I could see them playing in the future. That's a very good sign for those actors. Not such a great sign for the movie, in which I found so much extra time to think about other things, like the future success of these actors.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: While the shots themselves are unremarkable, the pace of the shots, and the length of the shots are noticeably trying too hard to be interesting. This, to me, is pretentious. The cinematography is flattering, though, and the above mentioned 3 actors are all made to look very attractive.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: My sense is that the script was a little too short, thus causing all the shots to have to be drawn out to unnecessary proportions, for the purpose of making the film long enough to qualify as a feature film. Since the writer is the director, he has only himself to blame.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: Cold Weather Trailer

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: