Amazon Holiday

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Last Song


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: A rebellious teen (Miley Cyrus) is forced to spend the summer at the beach with her dad (Greg Kinnear), where she meets a boy (Liam Hemsworth) and falls in love. Whoa, tough life.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear, Bobby Coleman, Liam Hemsworth, Hallock Beals, Kelly Preston, Nick Lashaway, Carly Chaikin, Kate Vernon, Melissa Ordway

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketStop! This ain't no Hannah Montana. And whatever you may think about the double-life-living Disney character, at least her stories don't make you regret having wasted your time watching them.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: Miley's turn as a serious actress might.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: I want to say no, but for saps like me, there is a ray of light that could move you to the point of having to be embarrassed about it. (Sometimes I wonder if I have any standards at all...)

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: If Miley Cyrus wants to win awards, I'm gonna highly recommend that she stick with Hannah Montana, and continue aiming for Kid's Choice.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: When I was a teenager I believed deeply in love at first sight. But this movie helped me realize that it's a concept that can only exist when all parties involved are drop dead gorgeous, since naturally, "first sight" implies that nobody cares about the other's personality. I wasn't particularly sold on Liam Hemsworth's acting, but I have to give him credit for trying to sell the idea that he could instantly be attracted to Miley, despite the fact that she's acting like a rude, angry, little female dog. Unfortunately for her, this kind of selfish, bitter character makes her look both ugly and dumb. Bring back the blond wig and the fake teeth!

Q: How is the Directing?

A: My first directing teacher once said, "Directors are judged on their taste in material." So while Julie Anne Robinson's directing is perfectly passable, I'm still giving her an F for the day.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: The drama manages to be both superficial and contrived. Shame on you Nicholas Sparks, for not taking your name off this unoriginal story, which was obviously written by a ghost apprentice, who was trying unsuccessfully to imitate your work in Dear John.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/the-last-song/37683/trailers

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: