Amazon Holiday

Friday, June 4, 2010

Killers


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: After marrying the perfect man (Ashton Kutcher), a woman (Katherine Heigl) finds out that he is actually an assassin working for the CIA.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Katherine Heigl, Ashton Kutcher, Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara, Katheryn Winnick, Kevin Sussman, Lisa Ann Walters, Casey Wilson, Rob Riggle, Martin Mull, Alex Borstein, Usher Raymond

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the film, but it's still really fun to stare at Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl under perfect lighting in picture perfect locations for an hour and a half.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: I have to say, Ashton Kutcher has a moment so awkward and subtle, I almost thought I was watching Michael Cera for a second. Then I realized I was a little turned on, so I knew it couldn't be Cera.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: It makes me sad that I'm so attracted to Ashton Kutcher despite the fact that I am repulsed by his personality on Punk'd, Twitter, and radio interviews. But I guess everybody needs a guilty pleasure.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Tom Selleck is in it, so it's a gimme for Best Mustache. Unfortunately, that category is like the Emmy Awards, the same people win every year.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Katherine Heigl's character has a wonderful kind of quirk I'd never quite seen before. It was obviously the writing, but I still think she gets credit for pulling off some of the more difficult moments... Like finding out your husband is an assassin and going right along with it when he tells you to shoot someone in the head, despite the fact that you've never held a gun before. And Catherine O'Hara is the new Jane Lynch.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Somehow this film's look reminded me of a colored version of a 1940s movie. Maybe it was Katherine Heigl's hair. Or maybe the lighting. Or maybe it's that Robert Luketic directed Legally Blonde, and therefore he can do no wrong in my eyes.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: Despite the cute dialogue and the fun tone, there's something about the story that doesn't push it over the top into "this is a great movie" territory. Maybe because the love affair happens so easily. Or maybe because she doesn't find out he's a killer until half way through the film. Or maybe because there isn't even that much tension when she does. Sure, she freaks out for a second, but you never get to doubt that her love will overcome her anger and fear. Yes, that's it! At all junctures, what's missing is tension. Except for the part where everyone everywhere is trying to kill them, that's sort of stressful.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/killers/36838/trailers

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: