Amazon Holiday

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Toy Story 3


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: When the boy who owns the Toy Story toys goes off to college, he has to pack up his toys, which mistakenly get sent to the trash instead of the attic. Their escape from the trash bag leads them on an adventure that only these particular talking toys could ever get themselves into.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Ned Beatty, Don Rickles, Michael Keaton, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Estelle Harris, John Morris, Jodi Benson, Emily Hahn, Laurie Metcalf, Blake Clark, Teddy Newton, Timothy Dalton, Kristen Schaal, Jeff Garlin, Bonnie Hunt

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketGo! If you've been following my reviews, you know I hate that Pixar continually gets praised and worshiped for everything they do, even when it's illogical and/or boring, so I hope you won't take it lightly when I say that this is the best movie I have seen all year.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: More than Tim Allen's last 9 movies combined.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: Not only will it move you, it also has some of the most thrilling action sequences I've seen in a while. Take a clue, Transformers. It's okay to have action AND a story.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Both the feature and the short film that plays before it (Day & Night) will win their respective categories.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: I can't believe I've seen Don Rickles in two new releases in as many weeks. And I'm equally as surprised that Barbie has finally been featured in a movie that's watchable.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Energetic and exhilarating, but I still don't see how 3D makes it any more interesting.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: They should teach this movie in screenwriting school. It has drama and humor and action and a multitude of moving parts that all come together perfectly. Not a moment is without its satisfying payoff.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/toy-story-3/22984/trailers

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Reel Whore said...

Best movie of the year, totally. It was so good. I liked Up, didn't understand the Wall-E hype, but this is stellar film-making.