Amazon Holiday

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jumping the Broom


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: A woman (Paula Patton) from a high class family jumps into a marriage with a man (Laz Alanso) from a lower class family.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Angela Bassett, Paula Patton, Laz Alonso, Loretta Devine, Meagan Good, Tasha Smith, Julie Bowen, DeRay Davis, Valarie Pettiford, Mike Epps, Pooch Hall, Romeo Miller, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Gary Dourdan, T.D. Jakes

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. Only the beautiful cast and gorgeous locations will keep your attention on this rehashing of an old and done story, that grasps at originality with scatterbrained plot twists seeming to fall from the pretty blue sky.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: The pronunciation of French might. I don't know if you've heard, but I speak fluently. Well, I understood none of it. Even after reading the subtitles, explaining what they were trying to say.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: It snuck up on me with a most predictable and obvious tear-jerk toward the end. I saw it coming and I still got watery. I feel so ashamed.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Best Reason I think I've Ever Seen to Be a Cougar. Lil' Romeo's all grown up, and oh, my...

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Loretta Devine is a special treat I've only recently discovered, and Mike Epps surprised me with his range in this character.But Paula Patton is beauty who has yet to convince me she can act (yes, I saw Precious). And Julie Bowen, whom I love in Modern Family, is just weird in this.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: I know the directing is good because the script is bad and I still didn't hate it.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: The script plays like it was written for white people, and when they couldn't get it set up because it sucks, they said, "Hey, what if we did this with Black people instead? Black people will see anything!" Their words, not mine.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: Jumping the Broom Trailer

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hated the movie. I hated it because we should grow as a people not go backwards. Stop the cliches, and grow up.