Amazon Holiday

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: Documentarian Morgan Spurlock, sets out to raise money for a movie about branding and product placement, by hitting up brands and funding the movie entirely with product placement.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Morgan Spurlock mostly. Also a lot of brands, and a few people who are still trying to figure out if they need to be brands.

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. Since nobody is paying me to say good things about this movie, I'm not contractually obligated to withhold the fact that most of you won't learn anything that you didn't already know, from watching this.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: If you've never used Mane & Tail, you'll find it funny that there is a shampoo that is marketed to both people and horses. If you have used it, you might not find it funny that everyone is laughing at you... Then again, you might get the last laugh because it really does make your hair silky smooth. (I imagine that I'm legally obigated to mention that Mane & Tail did not pay for this placement.)

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: The movie won't make you cry, unless you start to think about the ways in which this constantly-being-advertised-to thing is only gonna get worse. And it's not even getting worse before it can get better. It's just getting worse with no positive outcome at all.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: In all seriousness, I would love to see this get some Key Art Awards. And I've never given the Key Art Award a second thought in my life... Then again, Key Art is the Award for the Movie Marketing Poster, so I suppose I should care, since most of the movies that get made were greenlit based on what the poster might look like.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Just found out that my friend Xavier, who's actually mentioned by name in my The Hangover review, is in this film. Another casting surprise was the presence of my first ever Hollywood boss, publicist Michael Levine. He's kind of a nut-- which I can say, because despite the fact that I run into him regularly, he seems to have no idea who I am. That said, I will always be grateful to him for his extreme anal retentiveness, which caused me to become a meticulous perfectionist dedicated to never making any mistakes in the name of the person I worked for. He prepared me for the realities of what it would be like to work as a Hollywood assistant, for just about any boss in show biz. In fact, he trained me so well that my second boss refused to let me quit.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Morgan Spurlock has a cute way of referring to the camera in jest when he makes blatant commercials, right in the middle of his movie.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: Idiocracy by Mike Judge said it first and funnier.

Q: Is there anything else worth mentioning about the movie?

A: The full title of the film is actually Pom Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. I wanted to mention that because Pom Wonderful paid good money to have their name above the title, and they also gave out free drinks at the screening, which was wonderful. But mostly because I was really parched.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold Trailer

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: