Amazon Holiday

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Yellow Handkerchief


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: Three lonely strangers (William Hurt, Kristen Stewart, Eddie Redmayne) end up together on a road trip, each of them searching for the love that isn't where they came from.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: William Hurt, Kristen Stewart, Eddie Redmayne, Maria Bello

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. People are strange when you're a stranger. This pretty much sums it up. But Jim Morrison may have said it with more feeling.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: I heard some people in the theater laugh once, and it jolted me out of the movie, like a sound I couldn't recognize in the context of my experience.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: It's sad that people are so desperate for love that they will take whatever is right in front of them, only because it's less disappointing than whatever had been right in front of them in the past.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Only movie this year named after a color and a decorative body draping that isn't nominated for an Oscar. (I'm contrasting it with The White Ribbon, she said, well aware that if you have to explain your joke, it probably isn't that funny to begin with, but desperately trying to prove that theory wrong... only to further prove it absolutely correct.)

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Kristen Stewart is a one trick pony... it's not a terrible trick, but it does get redundant.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Udayan Prasad weaves clearly between the past and the present, as the mystery behind why William Hurt's character started the story in jail is revealed.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: The reasoning behind each character's motivations for staying, leaving, running away, and coming back are vague at best. I could read into them and decide for myself what each person was driven by, but I don't relate enough to people this marginal to try to wager a guess... My God, did that sentence make me sound like an elitist snob! I'm sorry, marginal people of the world. Oh, no, I'm only making it worse! That does it, I'm locking my mouth shut... for today.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/the-yellow-handkerchief/32578/trailers

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

Annette said...

See. That's why we have a tenuous relationship, at best. I'm one of THOSE people. =)

Reel Whore said...

"Kristen Stewart is a one trick pony... it's not a terrible trick, but it does get redundant."

Funny and too true. Was it just me or was she hopped up on goofballs during the Oscars? She is a shiny nickel that is quickly losing its luster.

Monique said...

The Oscars: She was just awkward, like she always is, only this time she was playing herself rather than some character who is exactly like herself. I think reading cue cards makes some people nervous.