Amazon Holiday

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: Love is really hard and painful, but if you can look past all of a person's personal crap, at least you will have someone to spend Valentine's Day with.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, Topher Grace, Jamie Foxx, Patrick Dempsey, Queen Latifah, Eric Dane, Bradley Cooper, Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, Taylor Swift, Taylor Lautner, Carter Jenkins, George Lopez, Bryce Robinson, Shirley MacLaine, Hector Elizondo, Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Matthew Walker, Larry Miller, Kristen Schaal, Erin Matthews, Julia Springer, Megan Suri

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. This movie has too many falsities to mention, but if you can look past all of its personal crap, at least you will know that beautiful people can find each other in time to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: There are a couple of good laughs, several of which are in the credit bloopers, and one of which (for me), came after the preview for Clash of the Titans 3D-- it was a subscript that read "2D offered in some theaters!"

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: I did. I felt really stupid about it at first, but then I ran into a friend in the bathroom, and she had also cried at the same part. I'm telling you this so that you don't have to feel stupid when you cry, too.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Best looking couple. Pick one.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Let's talk about Taylor Swift. I can't decide if she is awful or brilliant. She plays a dumb, awkward high school student, and I didn't really buy her dumb act, but her awkward act is to perfection... to the point where it almost sells the dumb act by default. While we're on the topic of Taylors, Taylor Lautner gives a bizarrely stiff performance. And after seeing several of Rob Pattinson's recent indy film efforts, I think I'm starting to lean heavily toward team Edward-- at least where acting ability is concerned.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: I love Garry Marshall so much. He doesn't come out to direct that often, but when he does, we can always count on him to bring the schmaltz!

Q: How is the story/script?

A: At first I was getting a headache from trying to keep all the characters and storylines straight, then I went through the part where I scoffed at how the characters and storylines crossed too coincidentally, and then I was frustrated by how easily many of the stories resolved. But by the end, there were some clever surprise twists, which you'll remember more than you'll forget how forgettable the rest of the movie is.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/valentines-day/37962/trailers

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: