Amazon Holiday

Friday, December 11, 2009

Invictus


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: The true story of how President Nelson Mandela of South Africa used the national rugby team to unite whites and blacks after the emotional scars that were left by Apartheid.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Morgan Freeman, Matt Damon, Tony Kgoroge, Patrick Mofokeng, Matt Stern, Julian Lewis Jones, Adojoa Andoh, Marguerite Wheatley, Leleti Khumalo, Patrick Lyster, Penny Downie

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketGo! If any of the words in this script were actually spoken, Nelson Mandela was easily the smartest, most honorable, strongest, most peaceful, most spiritual, inspiring man of unwavering integrity who ever lived. And we all need to be led by a good example more frequently.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: I didn't see any actual attempts at humor, but there is some unadulterated cuteness near the end that might get you giggling.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: It's an inspiration... I only wish Obama and Fox news would sit down and watch it together.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Neither Clint Eastwood, nor his films, seem to be able to avert them.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: When you're dealing with actors like Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman the only thing you're gonna have to worry about is whether or not their South African accents are convincing. They were to me (though a native may beg to differ), but Damon seemed to always be slightly paranoid about the authenticity of his, for some reason.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: I will say this, I left the theater wanting to form a women's rugby league. Luckily, when I went outside, there was a guy in front of the doors waiting to hand me a flyer about a women's rugby league that already exists, so that should save me the trouble of having to start one up. P.S. If I stop supplying you with reviews any time soon, it's because I broke my fingers, arms, or neck indulging in my newfound passion pastime.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: I must've liked it, because I walked out of the theater smiling so wide that I was hit on by a plethora of male suitors, each of whom had obviously assumed that my smile was meant for them. Oh, why am I so hard on myself? It might have had nothing to do with the complex talents of the screenwriter. It might have simply been because I looked really hot.

Q: Is there anything else worth mentioning about the movie?

A: As usual, Clint's movie is over 2 hours and therefore too long. The parts that dragged were easily identifiable as occuring during the World Cup section. The crowds, the build up, the games, we get it after two seconds, we don't need 20 minutes of it.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/invictus/30532/trailers

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: