Amazon Holiday

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

(Guest Review by Kacy)

Q: What’s the movie about?


A: In this sequel, the 4 girls from the first film have grown up into young adulthood, which means this time they’re getting over heartaches, fixing family dramas, dealing with pregnancy scares, and generally learning to let go of their childhoods.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel, America Ferrera, Blake Lively, Rachel Nichols, Tom Wisdom, Rachel Ticotin, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Leonardo Nam, Michael Rady, Blythe Danner, Jesse Williams, Lucy Hale, Kyle MacLachlan

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. Much like its predecessor, this movie is a real treat if you see it as a rental or on a plane. After appropriately seeing the first one as a rental, seeing the sequel on the big screen was a mistake. Not the worst film I have seen this summer (I saw X-Files), but it’s up there.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: Only if you’re under 20.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: They want you to, but I didn't.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: If only MTV had an award for "Hottest bodies," the many beautiful, shirtless, men in the film might have collected the recognition they so rightly deserved!

Q: How is the Acting?

A: All of the young actresses in this franchise have blown up since the first movie, so it seems they took advantage of their new-found success to phone-in their performances on this contractually-obligated sequel.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Stale and inconsistent. Except for the beautiful scenery of Greece, it’s mostly boring.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: It’s a difficult franchise structure because the 4 main characters are hardly ever on screen together. Thematically, I guess that makes sense, because it depicts what happens to childhood friends when they grow up. But with four separate stories, it’s hard for the film not to feel a bit long.

Q: Is there anything else worth mentioning about the movie?

A: Maybe I’m too old and cranky to enjoy such frivolities, or maybe my expectations were too high, because I really enjoyed the first one (in my youth of 3 years ago)… But the girlfriend I saw it with really liked it.

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Farzan said...

I dont think this will be my type of taste. I havent seen the first film, but Im pretty sure these films are chick flicks. Nothing wrong with that, but most guys probably wont be excited for this film. Good review as always

Monique said...

I think it's a film for very young chicks. Not for you.