Amazon Holiday

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...

Q: What’s the movie about?

A: A couple of strangers (Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher) drunkenly get married in Vegas, and on the verge of their annulment, one of them wins a $3 million jackpot with the other one's quarter. Now, if either of them ever wants to see a dime, they will be stuck giving this marriage a try.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Cameron Diaz, Ashton Kutcher, Rob Corddry, Lake Bell, Jason Sudeikis, Treat Williams, Michelle Kruseic, Dennis Farina, Zach Galifianakis, Queen Latifa, Krysten Ritter

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketProceed with Caution. For anyone who likes a good, cheesy, Hollywood, mostly implausible romantic comedy about two inhumanly attractive people who don't want to have sex with each other, this is the one. Wow, it sounds awful when I put it that way... But what I'm really trying to say is it's just good, clean, mindless fun.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: Even if you've seen the trailer as many times as I did. The funny parts actually weren't in it.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: No, but I was surprised to see that Ashton Kutcher was able to muster teary eyes at the appropriate moment... although it could have been eye drops. Or CGI.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: If you considered it an award to hit number one on the charts, then yes, because this movie is sure to hit number one when it comes out on DVD.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: To quote my friend Eric, who is a heterosexual male, "It's always a little weird when the guy is prettier than the girl..." To quote myself, "Hallelujah!"

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Montages keep the story moving fast and fun through the expositional parts.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: Funnier than I expected. But it definitely involves several moments of suspension of disbelief. For example, no judge has ever sentenced anyone to 6 months of hard marriage. No woman would ever take off her ex-fiancees $30,000 engagement ring without immediately trading it in for cash. And no one has ever turned down Ashton Kutcher for sex. I know you'd like to think you would, but it's just not humanly possible.

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

most of the chick flicks i've seen with Ashton Kutcher have been at least halfway decent, A Lot Like Love is one example

Anonymous said...

I liked A Lot Like Love, but I had read the script before I saw the movie, and the script was even better. It was really excellent, so I actually ended up being a little disappointed with the movie, because it didn't live up to the script. I think Amanda Peet wasn't right for the part.