Amazon Holiday

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Town


Q: What’s the movie about?

A: Charlestown, MA has historically cultivated more bank and armored car robbers than any other city in the world, because it's a family trade passed down from one generation to the next. This is the fictional story of one such gang of guys who grew up together, and the fate they face due to having been born into this life.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Ben Affleck, Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner, Blake Lively, Slaine, Owen Burke, Titus Welliver, Pete Postlethwaite, Chris Cooper

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketGo! Like an Irish mob movie, every time you try to get out, they pull you back in.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: Somehow they managed to slip in two belly laughs. That's more than most romantic-"comedies" seem to muster.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: No, but it certainly does get morbid at times. Like when one character points out that sunny days remind her of her brother's death. I'd hate to think what rainy days remind her of.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: I wouldn't mind seeing either Blake Lively or Jeremy Renner get a Supporting nod. And while we're on the topic, I'd like to complain about a preview for a new Clint Eastwood film that played before this, which proclaimed that it starred, "Academy Award Winner, Matt Damon." I know we all think Matt Damon is a good actor, but he won for writing, not acting. And he shares that award with Ben Affleck, so I guess I just saw a movie starring Academy Award Winner, Ben Affleck. What I'm trying to say is that this is a gateway advertising campaign, and if we don't use some restraint now, it won't be long before we're seeing movie advertised as starring Academy Award winners Eminem and Mafia 360.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Blake Lively and Jeremy Renner should get married and have lots of great actor babies to populate the future movies of America. Separately, by making himself the lead in this movie, Ben Affleck pointedly neglects the main reason we're all so complimentary of his directing career-- it's because we've been hinting and hoping that he'd be so busy behind the camera, he wouldn't have any time to get in front of it.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: Ben, we love your directing!

Q: How is the story/script?

A: For a bunch of dumb idiots, these robbers really come up with some clever ideas about how to rip everybody off and get away. Thanks writers!... But I still have no idea why they took the girl hostage after the first robbery.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/the-town/38942/video/the-town-trailer-no-1/605531563001

Back To Top
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

Canada Drugs said...

The Town is harsh and cruel, but inevitable. Has the work of a student pilot very stable this year on behalf of Ben Affleck, who in turn directed to give one of his best performances in contradiction with Doug MacRay.

R4 card said...

Last night I saw the sneak peek of town. 30 minutes driving and waiting in huge lines to get into the theater I thought to myself, this movie better be worth it. I can tell you right now, I was not disappointed. The film was in many ways. Ben Affleck again surprised me with his script, directing and acting, showing me that he is a force in the world. The rest of the casting was brilliant as well. Jeremy Renner as gems was breathtaking, disturbing and hard playing career criminal. Krista Blake Lively as I was taken aback. I did not think he had the skills to pull off a character and he has all his shots. Pete Postlewaite and horror of some wonderful conversations amazing in his role. Overall this film the viewer becomes totally emotional content attached to the characters, and amazing action sequences that keep you on the edge of your seat allows

clearance furniture said...

I loved the scenes of a bank robbery masks and the nun blue robes. I especially liked the club scene and a scene in which Ben says "If I think something might happen to him, I will kill you both." This clip from the trailer, but it is much better when it happens in the film.