Amazon Holiday

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Love Happens

Q: What’s the movie about?

A: A widower (Aaron Eckhart) turns his grief into a best-selling self-help book and seminars, but he may not have actually dealt with the pain that he's trying to help others overcome.

Q: Who’s in the movie?

A: Aaron Eckhart, Jennifer Aniston, Dan Fogler, Judy Greer, John Carroll Lynch, Martin Sheen, Sasha Alexander, Frances Conroy

Q: Is this movie worth the price of admission?

A: PhotobucketStop! The only way worth watching this movie is in your living room with your cattiest girlfriend (male or female), so that you can talk throughout, making fun of the cheesy parts-- which are mostly concentrated in the beginning, middle, and end.

Q: Will this movie make me laugh?

A: This romantic-"comedy" has not a single joke to be found. But before I went to see it, my friend Sheryl reminded me that sometimes it's fun to sit through a mindless, stupid movie, because you can always focus on the hairstyles and the clothes... So when I found myself analyzing Jennifer Aniston's eye shadow, I thought that was pretty funny.

Q: Will this movie make me cry?

A: If you did, I would laugh at you.

Q: Will this movie be up for any awards?

A: Somehow, in the midst of this debacle, a little known character actor named, John Carroll Lynch, manages to pull off a couple of crying scenes worthy of an Academy Award nomination. He won't get it, because he's in the movie for less than fifteen minutes, and he's not royalty like Dame Judy Dench... And let's face it, he's in a movie that sucks.

Q: How is the Acting?

A: Rarely has the chemistry of an on-screen duo been so missing in action.

Q: How is the Directing?

A: It takes place in Seattle, so... oh, who cares.

Q: How is the story/script?

A: As predictable as rain in Seattle.

Q: Where can I see the trailer?

A: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/love-happens/37327/trailers

Back To TopAddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: